At our tenth annual Magical Evening fundraiser in 2018, we were pleased to announce the beginning of the Jonah Christensen Memorial Scholarship, an annual scholarship of $1000 to be given to one student each year to help fund their post-secondary studies. This scholarship was created by the Christensen family in memory and in celebration of Jonah’s kindness, curiosity, mischievousness, and energetic drive to live life to the fullest. We hope this annual award will encourage youth to reflect on these qualities as they look toward their future endeavours.
2019 Jonah Christensen Memorial Scholarship:
Applicants will be required to submit a 750-word essay on the year’s topic to email@example.com, by the submission deadline of March 1st, 2019. Applications should have the subject line “Scholarship Application” and include their name, age, phone number, and intended or current post-secondary institution (also indicate current high school if applicable) in the body of the email.
The application period will be open from September 1st, 2018 to March 1st, 2019. All applicants will receive a confirmation of submission, as well as a decision by May 15th, 2019.
This year’s topic:
“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein (1952)
What role has curiosity played in your life and how has it affected your values and goals?
- be between the ages of 16-24 (inclusive), on or before application deadline.
- attend a qualified post-secondary institution in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- ensure the post-secondary institution is a registered charity in order for the Vancouver Foundation to pay the award directly to the qualified institution.
- if possible, be able to attend the Magical Evening 2019 event to receive the award.
- only submit one application per year.
For more information about this award email Hannah Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to receive a reminder when the application period open, email email@example.com with the subject line “Please remind me – Scholarship 2019” (or something to that effect). More information regarding the selection process will be posted soon.